Wednesday, March 11, 2015

{D.I.Y} Special Date Photo Gift for Under $20


My husband and I just celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary.
The 'traditional' gift for 5 years is something with wood. I have never given an anniversary gift that corresponded with the traditional material outline but for some reason this year I decided to do that. And I wish I'd actually done it from year one. It's fun and challenging to get creative on a gift that's supposed to be cotton, wood, copper, etc.


I decided on creating a really special picture and placing it in a wood frame.
I picked this one up at Target for $16.99:

Then I literally roamed my house to find anything with numbers on it. The plan was to capture our wedding date:
kids' building block // number from our house sign // alarm clock

I had a hard time creating a collage but found a website called iPiccy. It was free to use and I was able to create a collage in 8x10 format and turn the photo black & white.

I loaded the collage to the Walgreens website and ordered an 8x10 print for in-store pick up. I found a code online that gave me 40% off prints. The print cost less than $2.50.

I loved how this gift turned out but you can also take this idea and use it for:

  • Newborn photos and birth dates.
  • Graduation photos and graduation date.
  • Birthday photos and birth dates.
  • Special picture with someone and the day you met.

Don't you love giving photo gifts? They are inexpensive but can be so special!

Linking Up with:
Tatertots & Jello
Uncommon Designs
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...