Friday, July 17, 2015

7.17.15 // High Five for {the little things} Friday!

Oh man, this past week my sleep has been so messed up. Rather, my timing in getting up each morning has been messed up due to how I am falling asleep. For awhile there, I was turning off the T.V. and phone at around 9:30p and winding down with either a magazine or a book in order to fall asleep around 10:30p. Ideally, I need to be up at 6am and I'd like to feel like I've had enough sleep and am ready to get the day started. Whew, not sticking to that routine doesn't do me any good. So, I'm going to try and get back to that sleep schedule next week and see how I feel.
Now let's get to my favorite little things from this past week...

1. I finally got to take the kids to the pool for the first time this summer! We have a local community pool that opened not too long ago. It has a regular pool, a wading pool and a whirl pool. OMG, the kids had so much fun bouncing between the pools, I could barely keep up. My 4 year old has made so much improvement in his swimming (he loves the pool but has been so scared to do things without someone holding onto him) and my two year old just kept saying "I'm a dolphin, I'm a fish!". LOL It was great to see them really comfortable in the water.

2. I picked up these beautiful sunflowers at Aldi for $2.99 each. They just make me smile! Although they don't look like that now and I'm hoping it's because new blooms are coming and not because I killed them already.

3. I had to stop by CVS to pick up milk and diapers (staples of course!). I ended up having such great coupons that I also picked up contact lens solution and a peppermint patty for my little helper for under the price of the diapers alone! I had $6 in manufacturer coupons, $4 in CVS store coupons and a 30% off my entire purchase coupon from CVS which saved me an additional $7. If you shop CVS, make sure to sign up for their emails to receive coupons like the 30% your entire purchase, always scan your card at the CVS coupon center and check your receipt for additional coupons.

4. I made the easiest, delicious meal the other night. Crockpot salsa chicken. Maybe you have heard of this, maybe you haven't. But you literally throw some frozen chicken in a crockpot, cover it with a jar of salsa and cook on low for 5 hours. Shred. Put on a hard or soft tortilla shell (or on top of a bed of lettuce) and top with your favorite taco toppings. My kids ate multiple servings so I call that a win in my book.

5. A fun quote from my son last night that had me laughing... "Oh mom, my head hurts! Avery made my head hurt from her screaming so loud in Wal-Mart!" And that incident happened HOURS earlier in the day. I got a good chuckle...I thought it was a good try at blaming his sister for his head hurting.


How was your week? Any tips on a better sleep routine to help me get up early?! 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...