Wednesday, July 15, 2015

{From the Kitchen} Healthy Walnut Raisin Pumpkin Bread

I know it's not fall yet but that doesn't mean I can't make something with pumpkin in it, right?! OK, good...because I did. I've had two cans of pumpkin sitting in my pantry for awhile and I decided I wanted to try and make some type of pumpkin bread. 


I ended up making a healthy version of a pumpkin bread with added raisins and walnuts.
It turned out really moist and good! I would say that you could add some pumpkin pie spice to kick up the pumpkin flavor if you wanted. I'm going to try that next time I bake these.
This recipe used all pantry staples, too!


HEALTHY WALNUT RAISIN PUMPKIN BREAD

Ingredients:
1 1/2 Cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1 cup pumpkin puree
Raisins
Walnuts

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a bread pan with non-stick spray.
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, applesauce, maple syrup and vanilla.
Add in the pumpkin and whisk until evenly combined.
Add in all of the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
Add in raisins and walnuts and stir until evenly combined. (I just added in as much as I wanted, up to your preference. You can also leave these out for just a plain pumpkin bread.)
Pour batter into the bread pan and bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

Adapted slightly from Simple Green Moms



Do you reserve pumpkin for fall? Or can you eat it any time of the year?

Peeled Wellness
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...