Monday, February 9, 2015

Valentine's Day: Chocolate Dipped Marshmallow Pops

So, I tried to get a different Valentine's Day post up before today but the project was a flop.
I'm hoping you still find time to try and make these on or before Saturday!


These heart marshmallows were bought at Aldi and as I stared at them in my pantry, I had the idea of turning them into these chocolate dipped marshmallow pops. So cute and easy...and a real sugar bomb! I could only eat one but my son on the other hand was happy eating three! Between my mother-in-law and I, we happened to have all we needed to make them.

What you need:

Bag of heart shaped marshmallows
6oz white chocolate
6 oz semi sweet chocolate
lollipop sticks
wax paper
sprinkles, nonpareils, etc


Start out by putting the lollipop sticks into the bottom of the marshmallows.


Now you want to melt your chocolate over a double boiler. Way easier than it sounds and a much better option than melting the chocolate in the microwave. I always seem to burn the chocolate if I attempt to melt it in the microwave. These are the double boiler instructions we followed. 

Dip the top third or half of your marshmallow pop into the chocolate.


Now you can sprinkle your pop with whatever sprinkles you choose.
Lay on a wax paper lined baking sheet. When all of your pops are done, put in the fridge for 15 minutes to set. And then enjoy!
Or pass out to all the neighborhood kids. :-) 


We ran out of lollipop sticks and still had chocolate left so we made some more chocolate dipped marshmallows sans lollipop stick.


Did you make any treats for Valentine's Day? 

Linking Up with:
Tatertots & Jello
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...