Friday, February 6, 2015

{D.I.Y} Framed Feather Art


Oh, I so got lucky on this project! I randomly found packs of these dipped feathers with beads at Michaels for $1.50 for a pack of four. When I saw them, I knew I had to buy a few packs and figure out SOMETHING to do with them. They were so pretty and for the price and the fact that the hardest part was done (painting the feathers, adding beads, etc.), I was going home with some.

{If you can't find these at your local store you can definitely buy plain ones to add paint and beads of your choice to.}

I decided I was going to frame them and make a piece of art for our bedroom.
I found this frame at TJ Maxx for $14.99!


I simply took insert paper that came in the frame, turned it over and taped it to the matte.
It is a little flimsy and shiny so eventually I will replace it 
will a sturdy sheet of white cardstock. 
Arrange your feathers how you like and super glue them to the paper.


Let your feathers dry for a few before you put everything back together.
Hang it up and there you have some awesome new art!


UPDATE:
I finally replaced the paper behind the feathers and it definitely looks better. I just bought a large sheet of paper from the drawing section at Michaels. It was under $2. The background now is more smooth and less shiny.




Do you think you'll try making some feather art?

Linking Up with:
Tatertots & Jello
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...